About Featured Book: Recovery from Complex PTSD: From Trauma to Regaining Self Through Mindfulness & Emotional Regulation Exercises; Helping Overcome Anger, Anxiety & Depression by Don Barlow
The book is at a discounted price of $.99 USD until May 8, 2021
Are you suffering from chronic anxiety, feelings of hopelessness, or uncontrollable emotions?
Although PTSD affects 7-8% of people in the world, it remains a relatively taboo subject. When people do talk about it, it’s usually restricted to war veterans and victims of child abuse.
The truth is, PTSD can manifest in response to any kind of trauma — but what does this mean for people who have been repeatedly subjected to traumatic events?
Recent research has shown that it is possible to recover from nightmarish experiences and live a life that feels happy and secure.
You don’t have to resign yourself to jumping at shadows and enduring intrusive, negative thoughts that wear you down mentally and physically.
By taking the steps to understand why you’re experiencing these things, you can begin to unlock the strength you have within you.
Instead of struggling to find a sense of worth, you can rewrite the script and engage with yourself compassionately. It can be so easy to judge yourself harshly, but you have to remember this:
When you are cruel to yourself, you are inadvertently cruel to the innocent child within you.
You may have spent years seeking compassion and validation from others and finding only frustration and despair.
However, that doesn’t mean you’re beyond help. Recovery from complex trauma is a long journey, but the rewards you’ll reap along the way will keep you moving forward.
In Recovery from Complex PTSD, you will discover:
● What Complex PTSD is and how it differs from the more commonly known PTSD
● How to rewrite the narrative of your life to overcome negative self-concept and regain control over your life
● The Loop of Traumatization: how your brain creates a survival-based narrative that dictates your thoughts and behaviors
● How understanding the causes of complex trauma can allow you to overcome the fear and pain that accompany distressing experiences
● What it means when you consistently experience disturbed interpersonal relationships
● The avoidance techniques you are unconsciously employing in your daily life that protect you but are also keeping you stagnant
● How you can build an accurate sense of self that isn’t formed by the events from your past
And much more.
You know what helplessness feels like. The paralysis of panic, the loss of control. What it’s time for you to learn, is that these feelings aren’t forever.
You are capable of transforming the way you experience life and in turn, change the lives of the people who care about you most.
This Non-Fiction book is available in these Formats: eBook, Print