Do you want to make recipes that have been made over and over for years that are tried and true?
Do you love baking with recipes that you know have been made year after year to rave reviews? This book has over 40 recipes that are family favorites.
Do you enjoy finding recipes that are quick and easy to make?
Do love having a large selection of baking in your freezer so you can build a gift basket of treats at a moment’s notice?
Do you enjoy baking together with your family?
Do you find as Christmas gets closer you don’t have time to bake? (Many of the recipes can be frozen for up to three months).
Are you looking for recipes that will become part of your family’s annual traditions?
Have you thought about making your own liqueurs for yourself or for gifts?
Have you thought about having a special brunch?
Then this book is for you! What are you waiting for? It is time to start baking…
What Inspired You to Write Your Book?
I have been developing recipes for years. Family and friends finally convinced me to write them down and publish them.
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
These are a bit of work but worth it.
These need to sit for several days. The dough will turn fudgy.
They are one of my favorite Christmas cookies.
• 1 jar maraschino cherries, about 48
• 1 1/2 cups (360ml) flour
• 1/2 cup (120ml) unsweetened cocoa
• 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) salt
• 1/2 cup (120ml) butter
• 1 cup (240ml) sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 1/2 teaspoons (7ml) vanilla
• Drain cherries and reserve juice for another use.
• Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
• In a large bowl, beat butter until softened, add sugar and beat till fluffy. Then add egg and vanilla and beat well. On low speed add flour mixture and beat till well mixed.
• Cover and refrigerate for a at least two hours . Take about two teaspoons of dough, flatten it in palm of your hand and shape around a cherry.
• Place on an ungreased cookie sheet seam side down.
• Bake in a 350ºF. (180ºC.) oven for 8-10 minutes or till done. Remove and cool.
• Store in an airtight container at room temperature for two weeks or in the freezer for three months.
• Makes 48
Per serving: 59 Calories (kcal); 2g Total Fat; (32% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 4mg Cholesterol; 50mg Sodium
Carol loves cooking and baking. She loves trying new recipes and developing her own recipes. She lives in an old farmhouse with a large kitchen so she has lots of room to devote to her passion for cooking. Carol has now written 2 books with more to come.
Carol has always been avid in her love of crafts and hopes to develop some books on knitting, crocheting, and beading in the future. Carol has owned two crafting businesses and has had the opportunity to pass on her love of crafting to many clients and friends. Carol is now passing her love of crafting to her youngest granddaughter, Alexandra.
Carol lives in Canada with husband, Bob, and two kittens, Cinnamon and Fluff. Carol has three children: Robert, Sean, and Wendy as well as four grandchildren: Victoria, Thomas, Anthony, and Alexandra. She loves having family around and no one ever leaves her home hungry.
Have you read this book or others by this author? Tell us in the comments how you liked it!