Do you want to make recipes that have been made over and over for years, that are tried and true?
Do you love baking with recipes that you know have been made year after year to rave reviews? This book has over 40 recipes that are family favorites.
Do you enjoy finding recipes that are quick and easy to make?
Do love having a large selection of baking in your freezer so you can build a gift basket of treats at a moment’s notice?
Do you enjoy baking together with your family?
Do you find as Christmas gets closer you don’t have time to bake? (Many of the recipes can be frozen for up to three months).
Are you looking for recipes that will become part of your family’s annual traditions?
Have you thought about making your own liqueurs for yourself or for gifts?
Have you thought about having a special brunch?
Then this book is for you! What are you waiting for? It is time to start baking…
What Inspired You to Write Your Book?
My family and friend convinced me to share our favorite recipes.
How Did You Come up With Your Characters?
• 2 1/2 cups (590ml) icing sugar
• 2 tablespoons (30ml) corn syrup
• 1 1/2 tablespoons (22ml) water
• 1 teaspoon (5ml) peppermint extract
• 1 tablespoon (15ml) vegetable shortening, melted
• 12 ounces (340gr) semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 1 (15ml) tablespoon vegetable shortening
• Combine one cup icing sugar, corn syrup, water, peppermint extract, and melted shortening. Mix on until everything is evenly combined. Add remaining icing sugar, 1/3 cup at a time, when mixture gets stiff , knead in any remaining icing sugar.
• Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat sheet. Set aside.
• Make 1″ balls and then flatten to 1/3″ thick. Put patties on cookie sheet and freeze for three hours.
• Melt chocolate and second tablespoon of shortening, you can use a bowl over simmering water, a special electric chocolate melting pot or a small crock-pot meant for dips. The chocolate cools quickly when dipping so having a steady low heat is very helpful.
• Remove patties from the freezer and dip one at a time in the melted chocolate letting extra drip off and place back on the cookie sheet. I have a special dipping fork that only has two tines (I got mine at our bulk store in the cake decorating section) or you can use a fork.
• Store in an airtight container at room temperature for two weeks or in the freezer for three months.
• Makes 24
Per patty: 126 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (31% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 4mg Sodium
Carol loves cooking and baking. She loves trying new recipes and developing her own recipes. She lives in an old farmhouse with a large kitchen so she has lots of room to devote to her passion for cooking. Carol has now written 2 books with more to come.
Carol has always been avid in her love of crafts and hopes to develop some books on knitting, crocheting, and beading in the future. Carol has owned two crafting businesses and has had the opportunity to pass on her love of crafting to many clients and friends. Carol is now passing her love of crafting to her youngest granddaughter, Alexandra.
Carol lives in Canada with husband, Bob, and two kittens, Cinnamon and Fluff. Carol has three children: Robert, Sean, and Wendy as well as four grandchildren: Victoria, Thomas, Anthony, and Alexandra. She loves having family around and no one ever leaves her home hungry.
Have you read this book or others by this author? Tell us in the comments how you liked it!